Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.Writers tend to learn about things from as many angles as they can. They’ll see the same sign for ten years and connect ten-thousand other separate things to the sign in that amount of time. They take in what they can and make a mental map of how things co-exist.
- They recognize the importance of memories.Writers learn how to utilize past moments as criteria for their work. A writer will not forget their first love, or heartache.
- cosofwierdityxx likes this
- welcometomybrainstation likes this
- thiseternaloptimist reblogged this from missunkissed
- eyeshab likes this
- intrinsically-searching reblogged this from theredfiltersthrough
- queersailorscout reblogged this from theredfiltersthrough
- theredfiltersthrough reblogged this from heypumpkinyousleeping
- theredfiltersthrough likes this
- decideboldly likes this
- liamspenis-harryspenis likes this
- cappymare likes this
- missunkissed reblogged this from waitinginthedaylight
- theseasbeours likes this
- oglala-with-a-beard reblogged this from waitinginthedaylight
- waitinginthedaylight reblogged this from heypumpkinyousleeping
- vanneees-world likes this
- sweetsouthernstar likes this
- c0c0nutbag reblogged this from kushawott
- c0c0nutbag likes this
- all-the-homestuck-ancestors likes this
- dead-kesha reblogged this from kushawott
- whenlifegivesyousnowmen reblogged this from kushawott
- kushawott reblogged this from heypumpkinyousleeping
- heypumpkinyousleeping reblogged this from jillian182
- heypumpkinyousleeping likes this
- jillian182 reblogged this from tardisinwonderland
- thinkmenowandthen reblogged this from placentaandllamas
- thoughtsprovoke reblogged this from speakingofhats
- mignonpoiint likes this
- enouementt likes this
- you-defied-the-odds likes this
- ahteakin likes this
- kisekidrop reblogged this from denayaira
- theinsaneme reblogged this from justchillinanditsheelin
- denayaira reblogged this from scriboergosum
- partypatpat likes this
- fundaymentally reblogged this from teensiequeen
- teensiequeen reblogged this from jacevishus
- the-clockwork-princess likes this
- intelectualape reblogged this from jacevishus
- jacevishus reblogged this from dreams-can-be-dangerous-things
- staarshade reblogged this from tearyeyesandsilentcries
- staarshade likes this
- tearyeyesandsilentcries reblogged this from bandgeek-musicfreak
- surrealchamber likes this
- dreams-can-be-dangerous-things reblogged this from starstangledinherhair
- dreams-can-be-dangerous-things likes this
- starstangledinherhair likes this
- starstangledinherhair reblogged this from teddylupinofficial
- distressgirl likes this